Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

In my book I can really relate to Craig in some ways because i feel as if we both don't really know exactly what we want in our lives at the moment. 
    I know sometimes I feel very lost and confused about what and who I want to be or do with my friends, who I really am and it can make your brain a huge jumble of thoughts. I know I'm only 13 but i still can't help thinking about this kind of stuff. I feel like right now is when your actions really start to form you as a person. What high school you go to affects what college you go and what college you go to effects what you do in life. Which seems so far away but it can still be some what of a worry. 
     I know that Craig was very set at first. He knew where he was going to go to high school and focused on making sure he went there. But once he got there he started to question all the same things I've been questioning. Who he really was, what he wanted to be, if he could handle all the work and stress and the kind of person he wanted to become when he grew up. It is really starting to freak him out. 
     I think it's good for me to be reading this when I am because i was starting to really freak out. Seeing what is happening to Craig I realized I didn't have to be so stressed about everything. As long as I stay focused on everything that matters right now,  all the rest should play out just fine. I think if Craig just realized he needed to take one thing at a time instead of trying to do everything at once he might calm down a bit and be able to handle it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment