Sunday, November 27, 2011

2 Voice Poem Social Issue entry #3. (Option 6)

I always feel like people are looking at my body.
Because I'm disgusting.
Because I have the perfect body.
Sometimes I wish I was skinnier.
Because I'm obese. 
Because anorexia has made me think like this.
When I look at myself in the mirror
 I see a big ballon ready to pop.
I see skin and bones.
I wish I could fix all my problems. 
But nothing ever seems to work.
Then I wouldn't be the skinny perfect girl I want to be.
Nothing seems to be working.
I use food to comfort myself.
Because if I got help, I would be losing this battle
What should I do? 
I'm going to try my hardest to feel good about my body and change it.
I'm not going to give in, I'm fixed on keeping my body this way. 


     I wrote my poem about body issues. I just finished reading winter girls which dealt with anorexia. I think it something i would really like to explore and learn more about because it is such terrible thing but it is a huge issue among teenage girls.





2 comments:

  1. I like how you made the poem and how you even said why you chose it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used different points of view, which makes it very unique but connected. Good work!

    ReplyDelete