Friday, November 25, 2011

2 Social Action Articles on the Issue of: Sexual Orientation(Option #1)

2 Social Articles on 1 Social Issue and Reading Response:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/13/opinion/sunday/a-long-winding-road-to-marriage-equality.html?scp=18&sq=homosexuality/gay%20rights&st=cse
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/us/15lawsuit.html?scp=3&sq=Youth%20Pleads%20Guilty%20to%20Killing%20Gay%20Classmate&st=cse


     The two articles I read were quite different but on the same topic. One was on how states are really trying to accept gay marriage and the other was on how just because a boy told another boy he had feelings for him but the boy thought that it was "wrong" so he shot him. Now to me that is one of the most disgusting, sick things that you could ever do. I don't know what was going through this kids mind when he thought that just because someone had a feeling he didn't feel was correct so he shot someone. I can't express how angry it makes me to think about it. 


     But on a better note, I think the amount of action the government is taking to prevent things like this from happening and really taking a stand against homophobia and having a zero tolerance for hate crimes is great. I also think that most states saying that gay marriage is fine, it would be great if it was all which one thing that is also sad to me. That why it might bother someone that a girl might like a girl and a boy might like a boy or wanna marry a boy. To me the fact that this was ever a problem is absurd. Everyone should have the right to love who they wanna love. After all, it is a free country. 





No comments:

Post a Comment