Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini

     Reading this book has really made me realize how awful depression really is. I think overall the author really does a good job making everything seem realistic too. But everything that is going through Craig's mind all the time seems like something terrible i would never want to experience. It cycles through everything he thinks in his life he thinks is wrong like his grades, and the stress, and how he doesn't have a girlfriend, and no likes him, and he's pathetic. It's just sad. I know everyone has their ups and downs, but to feel like that every day would really suck. 

     The only thing i don't get about Craig is that he doesn't really try to fix these things. He just simply states he cannot do them. That they will never happen. I don't think this is the right outlook on life for him. I know when I'm not feeling my greatest and things seem plain awful i always try to find the best in something and it helps. I don't think everything is possible obviously it's not but you don't always have to be so down about everything. 



No comments:

Post a Comment