Thursday, March 1, 2012

Romeo and Juliet Act 1 Scene 1

Dear Friend,

I have just recently started to read Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare. I really like it so far. The language is so beautiful, even if he is saying something completely vulgar. When I was reading Romeo's monologues about Rosaline I could not help but be moved. The text is so witty and flowy it makes me feel as if I'm standing there talking to Romeo and feeling his pain. He is by far my favorite character so far.

So far one thing I've noticed that you really have to do to to understand it, you have to read carefully and thoroughly through each line and really use the definitions on the side of the page. They help a lot with understanding the main points of whats going on and convert it into modern day language. It makes it pretty easy to read at least for me.

I can't wait until I meet Juliet. I've seen the movie a ton of times and I either fall in love with some characters again or hate them even more than i did. Like Tybalt for example, every time he seems to get worse and worse. Everythign about this play is exciting. There is romance, betrayal, hatred, and so many other things that make it wonderful I can't wait to read more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment