Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson

I think that the language the author use's in this book is absolutely exquisite. Seeing as this is my second time reading this book I think that being able to focus on little things especially in such a complex book makes it a wonderful book to read again. I feel like every sentence within the book she put thought and care into and is as detailed and powerful as it can be. Whether it's describing the setting or the main character's thought she does each one wonderfully.
     I feel like the smallest details are always described to there fullest without them being pointless at the same time. In one part of the book, she is describing how Lia's step mother looks. Down to her messy eyeliner and bleeding lipstick. And when Lia is drifting off into sleep the way she describes the dark surroundings of what's around her is so chilling. It gives the book a very unique tone.
     I've always looked for books like Wintergirls but so far everything i read hasn't compared to it. It really is one of a kind. The most powerful parts are when Lia is denying food and the things she says to make herself stop. And when Cassie visits her in the night she seems to describe every little detail.
This is what really makes  one of my favorite books.

2 comments:

  1. I like how you explained why you liked the book. I liked the way that you explained why you liked the book because you actually explain how the book is written like. I also enjoy the example you shared from the book into your blog, its very descriptive. I also liked your seconded example because I can actually imagine being in her footsteps. Finally I liked your concluding sentence because it says why you made this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you summary of the book is really descriptive. You put alot of effort which makes me the reader really influenced. In you discussion you was very articulate because you showed all you emotion that you had felt. Your examples were very clear and thought provoking:)

    ReplyDelete