Monday, June 11, 2012

Coming Of Age Perks of Being a Wallflower (Last blogpost ever love life! )

Overall I really liked the book. It felt like a really teenagers diary. I could completely and utterly relate to a lot of it. I think it's the perfect book to read when your coming of age because it explains so many things and you really feel like your not alone.

I also think that Charlie is such a well developed character. He's relatable he gets angry, he's confused and he grows and changes through out the book. And I think the author did a really good job of making him seem like a real teenage boy. He goes through things with girls and his family and trying things with his friends, I think all teenagers have a hard time with these things and figuring out what they wanna be.

I think for Charlie having a good group of friends (like i said in my last blogpost) is the most important thing. And for Charlie it helped. He found these people he could related to and fun with. I think they really helped him explore everything he was feeling and they had conversations about it and it wasn't an unspoken thing any of it. Thats the kind of friends I want in high school. I don't want to become someone I'm not and I think who your friends with can change you into someone you don't want to be. But if your with the right people high school can be an amazing. You learn so much and find out a lot about yourself.

For Charlie I think that his freshman year was an incredible roller coaster of finding himself. He had his first girl friend and once he realized she wasn't right for him he knew he had to end it. He met Sam And Patrick who were really his best friends and did very nice things for him. Any questions he had they answered and i think it helped that they were older.

IUN the end this book has really taught me that this coming of age time in our lives is made for us to explore and understand new things. We can make some pretty bad decisions and discoveries but also incredible ones. We are meant to mess up and learn from are mistakes. Everything that were feeling and going through in the end is all pretty much the same as every other teenager in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment